Monday, August 14, 2017

Monday

Hi
I got some new photos from yesterday which I will post first. My wife informs me I am putting them on backwards but I am sure you will work it out.
Today, as promised we visited Hollybank Treetops Park, on the other side of Launceston. Before leaving we stopped off at the new school that has opened on the Poatina property. The School, which is a campus of Capstone College, runs a Year 9 and 10 program for older students who have previously dropped out of school, due to varying difficult experiences they have had. We stopped off in Launceston to inspect the macaque display, where we made a number of observations vaguely related to Year 9 PDHPE outcomes. We finally reached Hollybank, where the students were challenged to confront their anxieties by completing the high level Zipline course.

Is he gonna brand me with that!
I tell you Soph, there's no worms in that load!
Then this willy willy appears and all Julies work goes flying, but she still cant take her eyes of Hugh!
Edenic!
More relaxed than Mrs Smedly and Azar!
Slumping
"Then for vengeance on the show, he ascended to the monkey's cage
and let the monkey's go" (A.B. Patterson. When Darcy rode the Mule)
Monkey School 101: First lesson Kiddies, is that lesser developed species of primates may at times practice primitive and embarrassing behaviours. But we must remember that they are only "Homo Sapiens"!
The power of Piagetian pedagodgy...
That's inappropriate.......
Some lesser species may copy the behavours of more developed species...
Young primates often model interesting group dynamics.
Feeding time....
In their natural environment......
May often observe behavours in groups, to be remodelled later

 Love hanging about in the treetops
 No fear of heights!
 Whole groups will ascend to great heights...even well fed old silverbacks will give it a go!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like everyone is having a great time however wondering if Lachie is still with you guys or is he lost in the bush? He has requested that we build a two story shrine if he doesn't return home should I start collecting some materials for this?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, I love checking them out each night, looks like all the kids are having a blast, send Ellie my love xx she's braver then me I'm totally petrified of heights 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like everyone is enjoying and embracing new experiences. Jay, I hope you are well and having fun. We enjoy looking out for you in the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so lovely pictures! Thank you so much�� Have a great time Crystal and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to see you guys learning to improve your grooming, but Chris S. don't eat her nits you will get girls germs. Is that the first Moose that has ever been on the Ziplines? I've checked the roll and I can't find this AB Patterson, who snuck him on? Darcy have you done a risk assessment for riding mules?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are my heroes! You should all be so proud of yourselves for the zip line and conquering any fears that you had (I would have cried like a baby) 😜 Zac I hope your arm is feeling heaps better so you aren't missing out on anything.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the lovely pics.We miss you so much darling Chenchen. Stay safe and have fun there in Tassy.GOD BLESS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sitting in Mr Hancock's Year 10 English class. Big shout out to some great people: Chris, Sunil, Paul, Crystal, Jay and Sarah. Feel free to bring me home some Hartz soda...Mr Bacon loves Twirls so I'm sure he wouldn't mind a few presents from everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Matthew, News: Just found out,You are a British Citizen. Don't tell anyone. P.S. Zip line looks great.

    ReplyDelete